The treatment was provided by Dr. Sara Herman on her practice Soft Reboot Wellness based in Menlo Park, CA.
A single right-sided Stellate Ganglion Blockade was provided under live ultrasound guidance.
*Mark is a ficticious name given to the patient to protect his or her Personal Health Information according to HIPAA guidelines.
Problems & Symptoms
Mark had the following problems and symptoms before his SGB treatment:
- Severe, recurrent, treatment-resistant major depressive disorder.
- Alcohol use disorder in remission.
- Unresolved trauma related to childhood physical, sexual, and psychological abuse.
“Profound and chronic anxiety most of the waking hours.”
Treatments Before SGB
Unsuccessful treatments with:
Signs of Successful SGB Treatment
- The patient noticed an almost instantaneous reduction in his anxiety.
- Frequency and severity of anxiety bouts have been greatly diminished.
- No complications.
- No side effects.
Testimonial: SGB Experience
“I am writing to thank you for the Stellate Ganglion Block (SGB) that you gave me several months ago. As you know, I was suffering from profound and chronic anxiety for most of my waking hours. It was shear torture just to make it through the day. After the SGB, though I still have bouts of anxiety, their frequency, and severity have been greatly diminished. It is almost like a miracle for me. I cannot thank you enough for your professionalism, kindness, and compassion, but mostly for assisting me with my symptomatology which was chronic and unrelenting. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.”